Thank you for your interest in our school. Because we celebrate and consider diversity important to the health of the school and to the full development of children, we welcome all children. The optimal age for enrollment is 2½ to 3½. Children older than 4 are generally not eligible for admission. The one prerequisite is that your child is reliably toilet-trained.
Our Admission Process
- Before applying, we highly recommend you call to make an appointment for an observation. After observing, we will contact you to see if we can answer any questions you may have after observing. You can also arrange to meet with the Director of the school for a more in depth talk or a tour of the school.
- To apply, please print out an application form and mail it in with the $50 application fee and a $50 deposit (refundable if your child does not enroll). Once we receive your application, we will send you a letter of acknowledgment and let you know the status of your child’s enrollment.
<iframe width=”100%” height=”3000px” src=”https://www.transparentclassroom.com/s/7/online_applications/new?locale=en&naked=true” />
Our Admission Policies
- Eligibility for an open position is subject to the Guides’ determination of the required age, gender, and cultural diversity to maintain classroom balance. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination towards children with disabilities and admission is open to all children that we can reasonably within the context of our limited financial resources and the need to create an environment that is safe and conducive to learning for all students.
- When a family has requested that their child not be admitted before a certain date, that child is not eligible until the requested time has arrived.
- Children under 2½ or over 4½ years old are generally not eligible for admission. Older transfer students may be eligible with the consent of the Guides.
Waiting List Policy
- The Philomath Montessori School strives to admit children to our school in a fair and timely manner. We use the following procedure to meet this objective while maintaining classroom balance with respect to age, gender, and cultural diversity.
- We place a child on the waiting list when payment of the family’s deposit and registration fees are received with a completed application form.
- We admit children to the school when they become eligible, in the order they were placed on the waiting list.